Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can anyone help me with this charms? 2013/4/29 04:53
Hi,

I recently came back from Japan, where I bought some omamoris... but know I cannot remember what are they for and I am not sure who should I gift them... Can anyone help me??

I remember I bought them in Kinkakuji, Miyajima and the great Buddhas of Nara and Kamakura,

Thanks.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/gyjrlhkmj
by Marce (guest)  

Re: Can anyone help me with this charms? 2013/4/29 08:45
Top left, I see "Itsukushima" (so Miyajima), left bottom says "Kinkakuji," and the bottom two simply say "omamori," but I cannot read any more details (on my PC screen). Can you post individual photos if you want more details?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can anyone help me with this charms? 2013/4/30 07:05
Hi, thanks a lot for your help.

Here are some other photos, so you can see the charms better.

yfrog.com/obthzjkgj
yfrog.com/o0emyrzsj
yfrog.com/mmv8fvpj
yfrog.com/mgtwvtjj
yfrog.com/obrkwrqj
by Marce (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can anyone help me with this charms? 2013/4/30 08:33
Going by the way they are lined up in this photo: yfrog.com/obthzjkgj

The left (navy blue) says "Todaiji," the back says "Kachi mamori," to help you win.

Next turquoise blue one is from Kinkakuji, says "omamori," it is to help you keep your firm, unmovable determination. "Please keep it with you until your firm determination gets realized."

The upper right light blue one says "Itsukshima Shrine."

The upper further right yellow one is also from Itsukushima Shrine, and says "omamori," with "traffic safety" above, I believe.

The right bottom cream-colored one says "Soshu Kamakura Daibutsu-den (Big Buddha) omamori."
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can anyone help me with this charms? 2013/5/4 05:01
Thank you so much for your help, now I know who I bought them for. :)
by Marce (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread