Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

B-mobile outside of city areas? 2013/5/7 21:07
Hi all, next week I'm heading to Japan for 17 days and I'm planning to get a b-mobile 1gb data plan (http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/note_1gb_m.html). After reading through some posts here, it seems that this is the most value for money, especially since I just need data and not messages or calls.

However, I've heard that I may not be able to get any good reception out in the rural areas. I don't know what is considered rural, but there will be several days where I will be out of the city areas. Namely, I will be in the following areas:

- Kyoto city (including Saga-Arashiyama area)
- Nagoya city (including Nagoya port)
- Koyasan
- Tsumago
- Gujo-hachiman

Will I have to worry about poor reception on b-mobile in any of these areas?

Thanks and regards,
Nic
by Nic W  

Re: B-mobile outside of city areas? 2013/5/10 10:32
B-mobile runs on the docomo network. All the places you mentioned should have coverage, but you can check their coverage maps here:

http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/support/area/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: B-mobile outside of city areas? 2013/5/10 10:37
Dear yllwsmrf,

After deciphering the information on that website, it seems to say that in Koyasan and Tsumago, the service in that area is under construction until July? It says "2013年7月末までの拡大予定エリア", not sure if I'm interpreting that right. Would that mean there's service or not?
by Nic W (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B-mobile outside of city areas? 2013/5/10 11:23
You're looking at the Xi (LTE) service map. Sorry if I wasn't clear but the B-mobile data cards that you are looking at run on the FOMA (3G) network area. So click the FOMA button above the map and you'll be able to see that both Koyasan and Tsumago are covered.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: B-mobile outside of city areas? 2013/5/10 11:45
OH! Thank you so much (: I had no idea there was a difference!
by Nic (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread