Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Q-Front Video Screen in Shibuya 2013/5/10 20:35
Can anybody confirm what is happening with this very iconic building, especially its giant video screen. At the moment it seems to be switched off, either being redeveloped or taken down permanently. It would be a shame if it is being switched off forever.

Thanks in advance.
by inefekt (guest)  

Re: Q-Front Video Screen in Shibuya 2013/5/11 01:14
Yes, that would be tragic if there were only two multi-story screens showing nonstop advertising at Shibuya crossing instead of three multi-story screens showing nonstop advertising.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Q-Front Video Screen in Shibuya 2013/5/12 12:36
No need for the sarcasm buddy. Not everybody shares your views so if you don't have anything useful to add then don't waste my time. The nightscape of Tokyo is a major attraction for a lot of tourists. If the authorities are taking extreme measures such as replacing large video screens with static advertising, all because of a once in a millennium natural event, then it's a huge over reaction.
by inefekt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Q-Front Video Screen in Shibuya 2013/5/12 14:12
Ah, my comment was meant to be wry rather than sarcastic - please don't take it the wrong way.

Hopefully the useful information in my comment is that there are still two other functioning giant-screen displays at that crossing, as well as giant displays in many other parts of town, so I doubt that this is the result of some new governmental regulation.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Q-Front Video Screen in Shibuya 2013/5/17 18:26
There does not seem to be a video screen there anymore. It may have been removed.
by Shibuyahereandnow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Q-Front Video Screen in Shibuya 2013/7/15 15:10
The Q's Eye big screen will be back from July 25:
http://www.tokyu.co.jp/contents_index/guide/news/130711-2-1.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread