Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Scared about my height 2013/5/18 09:54
i am going to be 16 when i go to japan for my exchange, i know i will already be stared at for being black and my body (used to it), but i get a little uncomfortable when people look up at me because i am so tall.i am about 5'9 or 6'0, i don't know exactly. what is the average female teen size in japan?, also what about teenage males? please answer :)
by kawaiicolombiana  

Re: Scared about my height 2013/5/18 11:21
I'm somewhere around your height (I'm also black and female with box braids) and work at a highschool. Most of the boys are my height or slightly taller. Girls, on the other hand are short/shorter, but there are some tall, for Japan, girls. I think tall for girls here is like 5'5 or somewhere around there.

Each generation is growing more and more because they are drinking more milk and such compared to the previous generations.

I wouldn't worry.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: Scared about my height 2013/5/18 11:23
Oh adding on, I think it's expected for foreigners to be taller.

Re: Scared about my height 2013/5/18 22:32
thank you :) by the way do you have a blog or youtube channel? it is really hard to find a blacks person view on living in japan :)
by kawaiicolombiana rate this post as useful

Re: Scared about my height 2013/5/19 21:31

I would recommend this blog about black man living in Japan.

http://www.locoinyokohama.com/
by kodama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Scared about my height 2013/5/20 09:45
thankyou, and i read the blog it is really cool :)
by kawaiicolombiana rate this post as useful

Re: Scared about my height 2013/5/20 11:48
black or white. short or tall. you will be stared at.
by jin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Scared about my height 2013/5/20 12:52
Seems a blog about black women in Japan would be a bit more useful but that blog is interesting too.

reply to this thread