Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I need a summer course for my son, 5 years 2013/5/22 08:49
I want to go Japan (july or august) with my wife y son (5 yr). I want a one week course for my son
¿Do you know about it?

Thank you
by m Ortiz (guest)  

Re: I need a summer course for my son, 5 years 2013/5/23 05:16

I have been studying Japanese seriously for the last 5 months. And I only know around the 300 kanji and 800 vocab words. With that I also know basic grammar structural sentences.

In other words;

Your son will only learn a few words (no kanji, no hiragana, no katakana) in a week.
He will know a few basic greeting words.
A few sentences at best.

If you're going to want him to do a course, make it a month or two.

Also, 5 years old is a little too young, don't you think?
by Carlove rate this post as useful

Re: I need a summer course for my son, 5 years 2013/5/25 02:17
m Ortiz,

Are you looking for language lessons for your 5 year old? If so, just take him to a park with swings and slides. Playing with other children is the best and perhaps the only way for children to learn language quickly.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I need a summer course for my son, 5 years 2013/5/25 03:12
My wife's cousin (American) came to Japan for one summer, and we made her son attended near-by nursely school. While his knowledge of the language is none, he had a great time by playing, singing Japanese songs, eating lunches, dancing, catching bugs, or going to parks and rivers with other kids during his 5 weeks endevour. He even got his cute outfit with a yellow tulip hat. We could have done this easily because my father is the chairman for the school. Off course there was no private language lessons and there was no english-speaking teachers present.

But maybe you can start contacting the local nursely schools (maybe Christian based if you are) and see they can accept your offer with certain fees? Many urban nursely schools in Japan are crowded but they might see beneficial to other children by having a foreign student.

by jomonstrider (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread