Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wearing sandals in Japan? 2013/5/22 12:56
Is it ok to wear strappy dress sandals in Japan? I am under the impression that thongs/flip-flops are a big no-no.

What type of shoes do females in Japan wear during the rainy/summer season in June?

How do you keep your feet dry from the rain, but also not too hot from the summer heat? (That probably rules out wearing boots)

Thank you
by tata (guest)  

Re: Wearing sandals in Japan? 2013/5/23 16:29
Thongs are not a big no-no, but they are seen as super casual and have the added problem of people stepping on the back of your shoe in crowded places like train stations.

People wear all kinds of shoes in summer- strappy sandals are fine and very commonly worn.

Some people wear rain boots in rainy season, otherwise just whatever they normally wear and everyone has to deal with having wet shoes/feet to some extent at some point!

This is what I'm wearing a lot at the moment: http://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Womens-Go-Walk-Slip-On/dp/B005GI8UZ8

I have to do a lot of walking pushing a stroller as well as running after my toddler though, by all means wear dressier shoes if you can spend the whole day walking in them!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread