Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help with buying medicine for an ear ache 2013/5/26 19:30
Hi all,

I am 2 weeks into my 3 week holiday in japan. Unfortunately I have had a cold for the past couple of days and my ears have been blocked and painful. (The pain come and goes, worse at night and when on trains)

I was hoping someone could recommend a japanese medication for ear ache or help me with a translation so I can ask the drug store for the right thing.

Thanks for the help!
by Claire nz (guest)  

Re: Help with buying medicine for an ear ache 2013/5/27 23:43
Claire nz,

Well, all you have to do is to go to a drug store and point at your ear. There always is a licensed pharmacist to assist you.

That said, I strongly recommend you see a doctor as soon as possible (pharmacists would probably recommend the same). You can ask at your accomodation or a tourist information center or any large hospital for assistance in finding one near you.

Ears are delicate. I'm no medical expert, but just a person who has been suffering ear problems for decades, and a lot of ear medication seem to be effective only in the early stages of your problem.

Btw, I know of no over-the-counter medication that was ever able to make my ears feel better.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread