Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Little Angel in Japanese 2013/6/1 22:41
My friend ask me to make a nickname for his sister, he want "Little Angel" so can anyone translate this name to Japanese, romanji and Kanji as well. Thank you! And by the way, that a girl name, and "Little" mean small, cute, not small in size litterally.

P/s: Sorry if you find any mistakes in my English, still working on it!
by acelohan  

Re: Little Angel in Japanese 2013/6/2 12:21
As far as I know, we don't have an expression like little angel, but we call a cute little girl 'HIME' (means a princess) 姫
by kazz1972 rate this post as useful

Re: Little Angel in Japanese 2013/6/2 19:09
Thank you very much! I already knew that "Little Angle" is "Chiisana Tenshi" but that doesn't sound like a "name" at all. Haha! So there is still no name in Japan mean "little angel"?
by acelohan rate this post as useful

Re: Little Angel in Japanese 2013/6/3 16:36
Yes, "Little Angle" is "Chiisana Tenshi" but it's impoted translationese not so fluent Japanese, in other words, it sounds just a translated word in foreign movie.
(Altough Japanese use a lot of funny Engrish/French names that named by Japanese...)

As kazz1972 said, 姫(hime) is match, by the way, my girl friend sometimes call her married sister so, tough it's in rare case.
And ちび(chibi) means "small(and cute)", おちびちゃん(oChibi-chan) is often used especially for little children.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Little Angel in Japanese 2013/6/3 20:16
There won't be a natural sounding translation because angel is a foreign concept.
If you are ok with that, then "Tenshi-chan" is probably as close as you are going to get.
by I'll try to help (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Little Angel in Japanese 2013/6/4 00:54
acelohan,

I know what you mean by "little" meaning cute and not small. Like "my little big elephant," right? So words like "chibi" doesn't apply in this case. At least, you can't use it for a cute little sister who is 6 feet tall.

I think the suggestion "Tenshi-chan" sounds perfect. And the word "tenshi" meaning "angel" is very commonly used in Japanese to refer to someone as adorable as an angel.

By the way, Christianity has survived in Japan since the 16th century. It's as non-foreign as buddism which was imported from China and India.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Little Angel in Japanese 2013/6/5 22:58
How about Kawaii Tenshi-chan?
by japanese teacher (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread