Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nice ski resorts 2013/6/11 15:49
Hi all, I would like to bring my family to snow ski next Jan. Other than Hokkaido, are there any ski resorts that are near Kansai airport?

Can you recommend me a few that have nice big slopes, sightseeing and not too expensive? There are about 4 - 6 of us.

I think Hokkaido might be quite expensive, am I right to say that? Thanks in advance.

by Dorami (guest)  

Re: Nice ski resorts 2013/6/11 18:25
Other than Hokkaido, are there any ski resorts that are near Kansai airport?

Unfortunately there aren't really any local near KIX and the majority of big resorts are in Eastern Japan.

Can you recommend me a few that have nice big slopes, sightseeing and not too expensive?

Is this your first time skiing? Lift ticket prices are pretty uniform across the country, and expect to pay about 5000 yen for a lift ticket and 5000 yen for a rental.

I think Hokkaido might be quite expensive, am I right to say that?

I'm not so sure. Getting there from KIX might be no more expensive than taking a train out to the snowier areas of Kansai. And then there are some pretty good deals at the ski resorts. I remember some of the passes at Sapporo Teine that included lift tickets, transportation from the city, and rental were really pretty cheap.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Nice ski resorts 2013/6/11 20:06
Hi, yes it's my first time and I'm looking forward to it.

I heard there are some in Kansai area, perhaps I was given the wrong info.

"Getting there from KIX might be no more expensive than taking a train out to the snowier areas of Kansai."

Sorry what does the above mean?

Is it 10000 yen per day? Does it come in a bundle since if I want to ski, I definitely have to take the ski lift?
by bebegurl rate this post as useful

Re: Nice ski resorts 2013/6/12 11:46
"Getting there from KIX might be no more expensive than taking a train out to the snowier areas of Kansai."

Sorry what does the above mean?

What I mean is that most of the ski resorts reasonably close to Kansai Airport are relatively small and don't have all that much snow, and that transportation to them is likely as or more expensive than flying to Hokkaido and visiting some of the best resorts in Japan.

Is it 10000 yen per day? Does it come in a bundle since if I want to ski, I definitely have to take the ski lift?

Yes, roughly 10000 yen/day which also assumes you provide your own ski clothes.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Nice ski resorts 2013/6/13 23:40
I am not a Kansai man, this resort has a good reputation. Biwako Valley

http://snow.gnavi.co.jp/guide/htm/r0254ens.htm

If you are a beginner, you can't ski a lot in a day just like that. You should take a lesson.
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread