Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/6/25 11:46
Do you use local phone card, apps, operator service? I need to call overseas regularly, mainly to Surabaya and Medan in Indonesia. But I cannot rely fully on free apps because the data network in those 2 cities are not very good.
by Suzanne Linder  

Re: What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/6/25 14:26
I use Skype. I have an online Skype number and for my folks when they dial it it registers as being local. I also use the call forwarding option or run Skype on the phone.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/6/27 13:12
If you have data plan for your mobile, it's best to use global call, a smartphone app for cheap international call. Are you using iphone or android phone? this link is for apple store https://itunes.apple.com/kr/app/globalcall-free-$1.50-credit/id577717588?l=en&mt=8
by florencegrif rate this post as useful

Re: What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/6/28 13:03
There are a few really really cheap, practically free voip services out there that I've used in the past. They don't have the best call quality but you get what you pay for. I'll try to look some of those up for you.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/7/1 15:13
Here's the company that I was using that was extremely cheap for calls to north america. The key feature is that they bill on a per second basis, so you get the full use of your prepaid credit. Like I mentioned, the call quality wasn't the best but it was adequate.

http://mywebcalls.com/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/7/8 15:33
If you want to buy the credit and top up your balance on your international call app Global Call, you can get extra credit by clicking 'like' on the FB page until 11 July https://www.facebook.com/uglobalcall/app_193371724140087 it's worth the money, I just purchased 20 bucks credits and will get extra $2.60 (will receive this credit on 16th July)

Re: What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/7/24 10:18
appreciate the replies. i've downloaded the app from google play, just joined the facebook page so I can get updates on promo in the future. The connection was not bad and the rate is cheaper than skype for Indonesia.
by Suzanne Linder rate this post as useful

Re: What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/8/7 14:43
don't forget to invite your contacts to download this app to, you'll get points and can convert it to real credit value. 10 points minimum to convert, equivalent to $10 free credit

Re: What's the cheapest way to call overseas? 2013/8/9 00:54
Skype has been working great for me.
It has an occasional glitch every now and then.
It's free.
by jaymoon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread