Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Softbank Prepaid Phone Prices 2013/6/29 15:25
Hi!

Does anyone have an idea on how much Softbank prepaid phones and their chargers cost? I am looking for a cheap flip phone.
by Tray (guest)  

Re: Softbank Prepaid Phone Prices 2013/6/29 17:53
i got my prepaid phone for 5000 yen ( 3000 yen balance included )
so it was only 2000 yen for the phone
by Noa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank Prepaid Phone Prices 2013/7/1 07:53
If you don't have a visa, you can get it at the airport or Softbank Roppongi, in which case it will cost about 5-6000yen, including 3000yen prepaid card.

If you have a Visa(so two ID, Passport & Resident card), go to Don Quijote (DonKi), where it will cost 3980yen, including 3000yen prepaid card. (the phone is 980 yen!!)
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank Prepaid Phone Prices 2013/7/1 15:08
That 980yen phone sounds like such a steal! I have a student visa, am I be eligible for that?(sorry, not sure about what you meant with the resident card and stuff)
by Tray (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank Prepaid Phone Prices 2013/7/1 15:58
yes, student visas are considered resident visas.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank Prepaid Phone Prices 2013/7/2 07:59
DonKi, and in fact most Softbank shops require two forms of ID.

In your case it would be:
1. Passport
2. Japanese ID (this can be resident card, alien card, or Japanese driver's license, or perhaps even Japanese student card)

They will NOT accept a foreign ID card.

If you have a student visa you must have either resident card or alien card, so you can get the deal from DonKi.

Re: Softbank Prepaid Phone Prices 2013/7/7 23:34
Hey, guys!

I'm finally in Tokyo and went to a Don Quijote store in Ikebukuro. They didn't have cellphones on display though. Am I supposed to ask? Or are they just not available in all branches?
by Tray (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank Prepaid Phone Prices 2013/7/8 12:41
I've only seen or tried in the Don Quijote at Yokohama & Akihabara, but both have had them. Best to go to Akihabara, as it's on the first floor only a few meters from the front door. Ask for Softbank Prepaid.

reply to this thread