Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

phone rental at airport 2013/7/11 16:42
I will be in Japan for 10 days and need to rent a mobile phone immediately after arrival at Narita, with which I can send/receive short calls probably 10 times. Voice only. Cheap. I know none of the buzzwords, 3G, iphone, etc. Simple and cheap solution for a simple person.
by darkodarko  

Re: phone rental at airport 2013/7/11 18:52
by phone rental (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: phone rental at airport 2013/7/11 20:06
I have already searched and found the equivalent of the Yellow Pages. Sure, I could spend 2 - 3 hours going from counter to counter and just possibly figure things out, but I am seeking responses that address my specific situation. Certainly I am not the only short-time visitor seeking something very basic. Actually arriving late I don't have much time before those counters close down.
by darkodarko rate this post as useful

Re: phone rental at airport 2013/7/15 21:24
What phone rental posted is not the equivalent of the Yellow Pages. It is a page specifically listing the companies that rent phones at Narita. All you have to do is a little homework by visiting their pages and picking the phone and plan that meets your needs and many of those companies allow you to reserve your phone on their webpage so you don't need to go from counter to counter trying to figure everything out, you just need to go to the counter of the company from which you made the reservation, pick up your phone and be on your way in a matter of minutes.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: phone rental at airport 2013/7/15 22:30
I recommend rentafonejapan. All you have to do is complete their online order form and the phone will be delivered to your hotel, ready for your arrival. If you need it specifically at Narita on arrival, they could probably sent it there too but if you're arriving late, the post office may be closed so really, having it sent to your hotel is best.

I'm not connected with the company but have used them several times and have always found their service excellent and their prices reasonable.

http://www.rentafonejapan.com/index.html
by Saru Bob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: phone rental at airport 2013/7/16 10:11
Actually arriving late I don't have much time before those counters close down.

In that case you are probably best off renting via the internet and having it delivered to your hotel. The company Saru Bob linked is often recommended. Or check out one of the new players like E-connect. Expect to pay around 250 yen per day for the rental and about 100 yen/minute for domestic calls.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: phone rental at airport 2013/8/4 05:39
Appreciate the specific recommendation. That's what I was hoping for. I have my reasons for my query and I generally don't stay in hotels when in Japan.
by darkodarko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread