Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will I feel too tall? 2013/7/12 03:13
Hello, my year 9 class will be going to Japan in October to meet children from another school. I'm so exited, but I heard that Japanese people are really short. I'll be 13 by the field trip and I'm currently 5' 2'' (157cm) will I be tall for kids my age?
by Tiffany Baili (guest)  

Re: Will I feel too tall? 2013/7/12 08:45
Japanese kids aren't that short anymore. I don't see a problem with you fitting in height-wise.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Will I feel too tall? 2013/7/12 11:23
The average height of 13 1/2 years old girls in Japan is 155.1cm.
by jomonstrider (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I feel too tall? 2013/7/12 21:33
I'm about a 5'9 woman and some of the JHS boys were about my height. At the high school quite a few are taller than me.

Being 5'2 won't be too tall. Seems the boys are really tall nowadays. Girls not as much.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: Will I feel too tall? 2013/7/12 22:10
I know Japanese girls taller than you are.
No problem there.
by Carlove rate this post as useful

Re: Will I feel too tall? 2013/7/14 01:07
Well, I'm 16 and was just under 5'2 when I visited Tokyo this year, I didn't feel too tall, nor did I feel too short.
by JoyYuriko rate this post as useful

Re: Will I feel too tall? 2013/7/16 09:41
Japanese guys tend to be pretty tall these days.
Girls remain on the short side.
157cm doesn't sound too tall at all, even for 13, my girlfriend is 154cm and she is very short, shorter than most of my 15 year old students.
I think you'll be pretty average.
by takeda's ghost (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I feel too tall? 2013/7/18 15:10
I was 173 cm tall at your age and visited Japan on an exchange. I was taller than all but one girl, but it was no big deal! At 157cm you will probably find there are quite a few people in the class taller than you. Japanese people are relatively short, but not that short!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread