Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

good Japanese tv shows 2013/7/13 19:57
In 1 year i will be moving to Japan and I'm currently studying Japanese and have been to Japan and studied Japanese for a number of years. However, i want to watch Japanese tv shows on youtube to help my study along can you recommend a Japanese tv show that i can finding on youtube? i prefer something fun to watch rather than a drama or anime.thanks.
by Chelseanfaninnz (guest)  

Re: good Japanese tv shows 2013/7/15 04:31
Well, you do get Japanese TV shows to a certain extent by searching the keyword "Japanese TV shows" or even "fun to watch Japanese TV shows," but what is your definition of "fun to watch rather than a drama or anime"? Stand-up comedy?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fun+to+watch+japanese+tv+s...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: good Japanese tv shows 2013/7/16 10:57
I'd recommend a show called Tore! It's a challenge show where two teams of famous people ( singers, actors etc ) compete against each other.
Most of the challenges are word games which I find quite fun to help with my Japanese study. It's also subtitled so if you don't quite catch something you can always try to read it.
It's not commonly on youtube, but if you try the chinese youku equivalent there are loads of full episodes up on there...
by GMatt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: good Japanese tv shows 2013/7/16 22:09
If you're into comedy and haven't watched Downtown before then I highly recommend any Gaki no Tsukai series.

I'm sure you've probably heard of Silent Library before, where they are the original stars of, but I prefer their other series such as Kiki series, Absolutely Tasty, and their all time famous Batsu Games. They are from Osaka so they do have that accent, but to me it's still a good source for listening practice.

Here is a site that links to all of the series I mentioned above. I'm pretty sure all of them have English subtitles to help out with the Osaka accent, but even if a video doesn't have them, their Japanese is usually easy enough to understand. I usually just need the subtitles most while watching the Batsu games.

http://watchgakinotsukai.blogspot.com/
by xbutterxcupx rate this post as useful

reply to this thread