Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Email send failure? 2013/7/17 07:54
I sent an email to a penpal's regular email but then got an error message saying that it was not delivered to a different email (seems like a cell phone email). Would there be any reason for this to happen? I think she might be cutting contact with me but I hope I'm just being paranoid.
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Email send failure? 2013/7/17 11:30
Let me get this straight. You sent an email to one address but got a send failure report listing a different address? Curious. Can you post the ends of the addresses? (not the full address, just what's after the @ symbol).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Email send failure? 2013/7/17 18:35
Some people choose the setting to "forward" the e-mails that reach their PC e-mail account inbox to their mobile e-mail address. If they do that, but let's say, forgot to add your e-mail to their "safe address list" on their MOBILE, this could happen.

If you did not receive any message back from the domain of the "regular" e-mail account that you sent it to, I would not worry. She would have come home to find your message in her PC.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Email send failure? 2013/7/18 10:12
Some people choose the setting to "forward" the e-mails that reach their PC e-mail account inbox to their mobile e-mail address. If they do that, but let's say, forgot to add your e-mail to their "safe address list" on their MOBILE, this could happen.

I was thinking about this situation too, but in that case wouldn't the failure only be reported to the recepient's 1st address and not passed through to the original sender? I wasn't able to verify exactly what would happen either way, so maybe someone else knows what happens in this situation.

Re: Email send failure? 2013/7/18 11:45
yllwsmrf,

I actually experienced it myself - I sent a PC e-mail to someone's PC e-mail, but the recipient had a setting to "forward" all her received e-mails to her mobile too when she was out of her office. And at times I received an error message from her mobile address saying failure (due to too long an e-mail, or something like that). So this situation came to my mind first.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Email send failure? 2013/7/18 13:34
Thanks AK for the info. I was curious how a bounce would be handled in that case and its interesting to know that it may makes it all way back to the original sender.

Re: Email send failure? 2013/7/18 17:54
I got an undeliverable error when I attached some photos to an e-mail to my pen friend.
I worked out the max. size I could send was 1mb.

Could that be the issue for you?
by ktb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Email send failure? 2013/7/18 17:58
It was a docomo.ne.jp address. Problem solved, she'd just changed some settings. I feel foolish for being so worried about it.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread