Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translate this tattoo? 2013/7/21 19:09
Hi,

Would anyone be so kind to translate this tattoo for me?
There's a vertical one, and I think the horzontal tattoo are two?

http://www.picpaste.com/1tatoo.jpg

Thanks,
JD
by jdman  

Re: Translate this tattoo? 2013/7/22 13:30
The horizontal one says: Scott forever my love, though in too literal a translation, and in non-artistic font.
The vertical one has three characters, the lat of which is "love," but I cannot figure out the first two. I suspect it might be Chinese.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Translate this tattoo? 2013/7/22 21:38
The horizontal one does say "Scott forever my love" but it doesn't mean "Scott forever my love one." The "love" and "Scott" are two different things here, because this "love" cannot represent people.

The vertical one, from the top is "rabit" then "monkey" then "love." In Japan, the first two characters are only used when discussing the Oriental Zodiac.

As many Westerner's tattoos are, this one is also very, uh, ..... amusing from a Japanese point of view.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Translate this tattoo? 2013/7/22 23:50
As Uco pointed out, the grammar isn't correct for the vertical one. If you understand Japanese, you can get the gist of what they were going for, but at the same time it's not correct.

If this person was trying to get a direct translation they missed the mark.
by xbutterxcupx rate this post as useful

Re: Translate this tattoo? 2013/7/23 00:36
Oops meant horizontal one
by xbutterxcupx rate this post as useful

reply to this thread