Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what is the meaning of 2013/7/27 15:02
Hello, Konitchiwa,rinka rika dis, i have a question, my frind her name is Rabab ,i translated it to japanese so,the result is(Shi Ka Tu Ka Tu),so how do we pronounce it & what is the meaning of this name)
i hope it is good meaning
i translated my name to japanese ,the result is (Rinka Rika) then i knew that rinka mean (Pear Blossoms - Plum Blossoms ) but i want to be sure is it right, because i loved that meaning ...i hope someone help me to now my frinds name meaning
by rinka rika  

Re: what is the meaning of 2013/7/28 13:11
You don't really "translate" names - but if you want a Japanese rendition of your non-Japanese names, there are two things you can do:

1) Write your name phonetically, in Japanese writing. The sound of the name will remain as it is, but you just give yourself a Japanese writing.

or

2) You find out the meaning of your name in your language, and find a Japanese word that carries the same/similar meaning, even though the sound will be completely different.

So... for your name, you must have done 2).
—œ‰Τ is pronounced "Rinka" or "Rika," and means "pear" and "flower."
But I don't think "plum flower" is Rika?

"Shi Ka Tsu Ka Tu" does not make sense in Japanese. Can you tell us the meaning of "Rabab" in your language, in English?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: what is the meaning of 2013/7/29 12:44
How did Rabab transform into Sikatuka..something? You can't simply translate your foreign name into Japanese.

What you can do is just to find the same sound as your name.

Rika (not rinka) sounds like pear blossoms as it may sounds like Ri (=—œjand ka (=‰Τj. Rinka sounds like 'a house next door(= —Χ‰Ζ)'. But by spliting Rinka into Rin and ka, it can be like rin as —ι and ka as ‰Μ, meaning a bell singing. If so, you name can be —ι‰Μ —œ‰Τ. Sounds cute as a girl's name. But note that this is just an sample and there are many ways.

Rabab is a hard one.
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2013/7/31 16:35
thank you so much AK & Jay Kay for the information & the correction .it was very useful.actually my brother told me that may way in translating is wrong ,but i didn't listen to him .so,hewas right. the way that i used in translate is :i write the name in English , then i write the Japanese letters in English.this is what i found in some websites (A= ka, B= tu, C= mi, D= te,E= ku, F= lu, G= ji, H= ri, I= ki, J= zu, K= me, L= ta, M= rin, N= to, O= mo, P= no, Q= ke, R= shi, S= ari, T= chi, U= do, V= ru, W=mei , X= na, Y= fu, Z= zi ) these are the Japanese letters as i found in some websites, so i didn't know it was wrong .my brother said to me i shouldn't use this.he said to try the program that set on the smart phone, and he was right.because it is the same name but different meaning.in the end i repeat my thanks to AK & Jay Kay.
by rinka rika rate this post as useful

My Name 2013/7/31 17:17
so my name Maha remain as it is but different meaning,but i loved the name Rinka Rika,Compound name , i liked it& iloved the meaning.Now the meaning of my name is totaly different. i made a search in google and i didn't expect it + there is a little difference in pronounce but it is ok, but the important thing is the meaning.it shocked me.The name Maha is there in three languages i.e. Arabic, persian, and Hindi ... In Arabic, it means "beautiful eyes" where actually it refers to the eyes of a deer ... in Persian, it means "moon like" or "resembling moon" and in Hindi, it is used as an adjective not as a name and it means "great". This name is used for girls and used in Muslim countries

Re: what is the meaning of 2013/7/31 17:30
rinka rika,

(A= ka, B= tu, C= mi, D= te,E= ku, F= lu, G= ji, H= ri, I= ki, J= zu, K= me, L= ta, M= rin, N= to, O= mo, P= no, Q= ke, R= shi, S= ari, T= chi, U= do, V= ru, W=mei , X= na, Y= fu, Z= zi )

I don't understand at all what this is. I don't know where you got this. This is not a translation into Japanese.

Now I know that your name is Maha, I can see how you came up with "rin ka ri ka" from the above string of alphabets, but this conversion you made has nothing to do with Japanese at all.

All I can tell you is that a Japanese word written —œ‰Τ IS pronounced as either "Rinka" or "Rika" (but never as a compound), more often as "Rika" as a girl's name, and is means "pear flower." That is all.
by AK rate this post as useful

thanks 2013/7/31 17:53
Thank you again for your correction AK.really i'm so thankful to you.

reply to this thread