Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsuwano and Hagi 2013/7/30 14:22
I saw the notice that Tsuwano and Hagi trains are closed and wanted to know if there is any more information.

I am scheduled to visit both cities and stay in Hagi one night from August 9-10 but now I'm worried that I can't do anything...

Is it even possible to go there? My trip is pretty close so I worry that the clean-up will be too slow... Any idea on when it will be done or if they created a way to get there without the trains?

I've been looking forward to this trip for a while. It's going to be very disappointing to throw it away...
by Unhappy Camper (guest)  

Re: Tsuwano and Hagi 2013/7/31 11:54
Tourist sites in both town centers were not damaged and are open to visitors. The buses are generally running, although some on detours, and I imagine some may incur delays. The areas outside the town centers were most affected, as well as certain sections of the train lines. The JR Yamaguchi Line is likely to be interrupted for months.

Generally speaking, the area is open for tourism, and the locals will be happy to see visitors.

The information on the japan-guide Hagi and Tsuwano pages can be expected to be updated on a daily basis for a few weeks to come:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6150.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tsuwano and Hagi 2013/8/1 11:02
It's good to know that I can still get there.

THe problem is that the itinerary I had planned made use of my Seishun 18 ticket so the travel would have all been free but these buses make it very expensive.

Looking at the Hagi and Tsuwano websites though, it seems the real damage is north of the main stations (especially in Hagi) so I guess I can hope that they will open the trains up to those areas before my trip. Even in one city it would certainly save me a lot of money...

I really appreciate the updates. I will definitely be checking here daily as well, so rest assured the updates are being followed!
by Unhappy Camper (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tsuwano and Hagi 2013/8/2 20:54
Hagi will be completely accessible again starting Sunday (Aug 4).

http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/

The openings don't quite go as far as Tsuwano from Yamaguchi, but that line will be going further on the 5th.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tsuwano and Hagi 2013/8/5 09:10
Things are starting to look up.

Can someone find the link to the timetable for the Jifuku to Tsuwano bus?
Maybe I can take that.

Re: Tsuwano and Hagi 2013/8/5 11:57
Page 3 of the following pdf file:
http://www.westjr.co.jp/press/article/items/130802_03_yamaguchi_shiman...

’n•Ÿ Jifuku
’Øa–ì Tsuwano

Re: Tsuwano and Hagi 2013/8/5 13:19
It hadn't occurred to me until now, but is Hyperdia accurate for the train times from Yamaguchi to Jijuku? Or is the train also on a special schedule?

Re: Tsuwano and Hagi 2013/8/6 10:04
Yes, the timetable between Yamaguchi and Jifuku remains the regular timetable, which should be reflected by Hyperdia.

reply to this thread