Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shoplifting in Japan & tourist visa in Japan 2013/7/30 18:41
I was a student in japan and 2005 i was cought by police for shoplifting they took me to the police took pics and fingerprints and they called to one person in university and he came and they talked and they said i can go home ..I left japan after finishing my studies on 2006. I want to apply tourist visa again and go for my friends wedding..I want to know does somebody knows any clue wil they will catch me in the immigration after i keep the finger prints? DO i hav to declare when I am applying for visa that i hav a criminal record....Can somebody advise me please...
by PLz Advise (guest)  

Re: Shoplifting in Japan & tourist visa in Japan 2013/7/31 16:34
Can you check with your former university staff if it was recorded as a criminal charge, or the police was just willing to let you go with a warning to/apology by the staff??

- If it ended as a criminal charge, then your fingerprints would be on police record.
- If not, they are likely to dispose of the fingerprinting.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread