Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/8/6 21:35
hi,
i am looking for shops in tokyo that sells imported/english video games, especially for the 3ds

As in akihabara, gamehollywood has closed,so has asobit i guess, messe sanoh has merged with the other trader and has little collection, laox's and other duty free shops' collection are not worth talking about

anyone has any alternative?
ordering online from amazon, rakuten, playasia etc is not an option as i prefer going to stores

for your info, i am looking for a 3ds game called fire emblem:awakening, but knowing such shop exist would do it for me

any help appreciated!
by liveindo  

Re: Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/8/8 05:06
if it's for the 3ds, it's not a easy task to find english version, unless the game is a japanese version with english language.

3ds is sold in different regions/countries and the games are not compatible, I would suggest you buy it from you own country.

these are the known regions that I know.

HKG-hong kong
JPN-japan
US-USA
EU-European
There may be more.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/8/8 18:25
If a used copy might be floating around, one of the Trader shops on Chuo Dori (on the side away from the station) has an imported game section.

Unless AsoBitCity closed down very recently, like the last two weeks, you may be referring to when it moved?
by Jimmy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/8/10 19:16
Thanks for the replies guys,

As of asobitcity, i'm not sure wether it has moved or has closed, i heard its near the station, on the other side of club sega, but the shop is now some sort of restaurant resort, so i thought it has closed.lol
So where has asobitcity moved to?
by liveindo rate this post as useful

Re: Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/8/10 20:38
you really went to asobitcity? It's still be there, right opposite Manseibashi Police Station, games are available on the ground floor(1st floor in Japanese).

Game Hollywood is closed on 24 Feb 2013.

Messe Sanoh has merged with Trander, the game shop has moved to Trader main shop, 1st floor(2nd floor in Japanese) on Chuo-Dori, right opposite Donki-Akihabara.

you might mixed trader and asobitcity?

Trade 2, opposite KFC, might has a little collection of imported 3ds on the same aisle as Japanese 3ds, the ground floor(1st floor in Japanese).

ark-pc shop, opposite Gachapo-BLDG(Gachapon kaikan), near Mos Burger on Chuo-dori, has a little imported PC game collection. Probably you are not seeking these games but I will let you know that.

by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/8/15 00:46
found asobit city, looks like i've been searching at the wrong place afterall. lol
did not found what i was looking for, but thank you guys !
by liveindo rate this post as useful

Re: Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/8/18 13:57
Ironically, Akihabara has become the worst place to buy games. Too expensive, and import games are now either extremely rare or insultingly high in price.Sometimes I feel like walking up to the counter and just sticking out my middle finger.

I'm sure the yen/dollar exchange has something to do with it. But buying games in Akihabara has become a waste of time, unfortunately. I'd love to find other stores in Tokyo for imports, but I just can't find anything worth visiting.

As for tracking down US 3DS games, Play-asia will be your best bet. Otherwise, try Amazon.

Also, if anyone DOES know of some import shops in Tokyo, besides the ones listed above, feel free to share!
by Taipan1975 rate this post as useful

Re: Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/9/5 19:46
indeed many shops i used to buy import games in Akiba are closed... Akiba became useless except if you are lucky to find your game in Asobitcity...

I wanted to buy GTA 5 in Akiba but i'm not sure to find it so i plan to DL it directly on PSN (17giga ouch!!) price is 70euros... I'm living Shinagawa so if i have to go to Akiba (total 400y), then i waste time... etc... Finally it's better to buy on PSN... (even if i wanted real game... maybe you understand my feelings :p)

anyway if someone has information about shops which plan to sell GTA5 in EU/US; please share it !!

Messe Sanoh was the best shop for me... i felt disappointed when i saw TRADER (last time i went it was in construction)
by julien24ja (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Import/english video games in tokyo? 2013/9/11 18:42
How about buying 2nd hand japanese games?? Specially Wii. Is it still worth and have a look around?? (Specially Sofmap).
If not, what other locations in Tokyo would you recommend??
by aerond rate this post as useful

reply to this thread