Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student with online business 2013/8/14 08:41
I will begin studying aboard in Japan starting this April. I currently run an online business while attending school. When I move to Japan will I be able to run the business with no issues? I require no room for inventory and such and all the money goes into my US bank account.
by Larry (guest)  

Re: Student with online business 2013/8/30 22:55
Why should it be a problem?
Just make sure you pay your taxes in the US properly.
by APajo rate this post as useful

Re: Student with online business 2013/8/31 13:47
Immigration rules as they are have not taken remote work/online business into consideration at all, so the rules around them are not clear-cut. But since you will be on Student status, doing part-time work would be acceptable on that status, so I see no issue as long as you maintain good attendance and good grades :). Note that if you continue living in Japan for 5 or more years, then (but only then) you will need to declare all worldwide income to the Japanese tax authorities and pay taxes. But until then, as the earlier poster says, you will be paying income tax on that income to the US.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread