Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paying for cellular service 2013/8/18 00:18
My fiancee cannot afford to pay for her phone service in Japan, I am in the USA. Is there a way that I could pay for her phone service from the US using a credit card? I would have access to her account number, etc., but was curious if bills could be paid via internet access using my credit card. It would be too much of a hassele to send her money every month to pay the cellular service.
by sasebojoe  

Re: Paying for cellular service 2013/8/18 13:32
I was browsing through the internet, and following is what I found. Sorry it comes in bits and pieces.

- Softbank (I don't know which carrier she is using) says payment can be made by a credit card of a family member, if not by the subscriber's own credit card. But to register that family member's card, you need to show document proving that you are a family member.

- Docomo: if a family member wants to pay using their credit card, that can be arranged for. (The same as Softbank, as it seems.)

- au: If she got her account suspended already due to non-payment, then noone else can pay on their behalf with their credit card. Only cash.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Paying for cellular service 2013/8/19 08:53
Why don't you get an "add on" credit card to your own, and get her to use that?
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paying for cellular service 2013/8/19 14:44
Cellular calls aside. Any wifi iPHone or Android with Talkatone & Google voice allows her to have a USA phone number, and outgoing and incoming calls to that number for free as long as she's near a wifi node.

Skype is free as well over wifi.

by =) (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread