Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nintendo old game set 2013/8/23 23:58
Does anyone know if the old school Nintendo game set and tapes can be played outside of Japan? I saw them at a game shop and want to buy some favourites childhood games home!
by idk (guest)  

Re: Nintendo old game set 2013/8/24 15:10
I think yes, you can play them outside of Japan but make sure that you can change that language of the game into English because some tips in is default in Japanese language and I also a fan of old Nintendo games like Super Mario, King Kong and etc.
by MichelleBeckman rate this post as useful

Re: Nintendo old game set 2013/8/25 04:05
Unless they're GameBoy games, which are region-free, you'll need the appropriate hardware and a way to power it wherever you live. That could mean power transformers or adapters.
by dekkadekkadekka rate this post as useful

Re: Nintendo old game set 2013/8/25 10:31
What do you mean by appropriate hardware? Power adapters is because of the plug pin difference?
by Dekka (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nintendo old game set 2013/8/25 10:31
It's me. I typed wrongly as Dekka. Lol
by idk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nintendo old game set 2013/8/25 13:22
You should be fine. The only thing you'll probably have to check is the power/voltage levels when using it in your home country and maybe get a power adapter converter thing.

Other problem, if you are picking up a Famicom (Nintendo Entertainment System), you can only play Japanese-released games for it since both systems are so different.

The only thing I can think of right off where you can play any game regardless of the country is the first gen Nintendo DS (not region locked) and possibly the original Gameboy.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: Nintendo old game set 2013/8/25 14:30
By hardware I mean the console, since Famicom/Super Famicom, Japanese N64 releases won't work on US or EU consoles.
by dekkadekkadekka rate this post as useful

Re: Nintendo old game set 2013/8/25 19:30
For super nintendo, buy a game genie, unscrew the back and cut the tips off inside the plastic, than screw the back on again. When you put your japanese super famicom games on top of the game genie, you'll be able to play them on your US super nintendo. For the 64, buy a gameshark, no surgery needed.
by Nick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread