Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

would I be able to pass the JLP 2/ JLP1 ? 2013/8/24 00:36
Is it possible to pass the JLPT 1/2 by doing three hours of listening and two hours of active learning a day while I take a Japanese class of three hours a week during three years in college?
One of my goals is to learn the most important 2000 kanjis in 13 months using a book called ''Remembering the Kanji, Volume 1: A Complete Course on How Not to Forget the Meaning and Writing of Japanese Characters''.

I will also take Japanese classes during the summer and probably study more since I am out of school.

Do you think that my goals are realistic?
Note: I have never study Japanese in my life.
by ade (guest)  

Re: would I be able to pass the JLP 2/ JLP1 ? 2013/8/24 09:23
It all depends on your determination.

I would ask your Japanese teacher about it.

I'll be starting Japanese language school next week. It was initially a 3 year course, but they changed it to 4 now. On their 4th year, it says they would go through JLP practice test and help the student prepare. Looks like they teach up to N2.

Hopefully your school would do same. Good luck and have fun!
by SBxJap rate this post as useful

Re: would I be able to pass the JLP 2/ JLP1 ? 2013/8/24 13:07
Overseas students who want to enroll in a university in Japan (= need to pass their entrance exam, or pass JLPT 1 I believe) usually study the language full-time in Japan for one year and a half up to two years. When I say full-time, the classes are at least four hours each day, five days a week, they need to review at home, and since it's Japan, you are fully immersed in Japanese.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: would I be able to pass the JLP 2/ JLP1 ? 2013/8/25 20:07
I have studied japanese on and off for about 10 years but still stucked at N4. You have no prior japanese and want to do N2 or 1(native level)...... Hmmm, very dreamy of you i guess
by shinyrayn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: would I be able to pass the JLP 2/ JLP1 ? 2013/8/26 01:32
OP, if you have an interest in it and study hard, there is high chance you will achieve it. I have a friends who studied 4hrs per day from Mon-Fri in a Japanese language school in Japan and passed N1.
shinyrayn, not meant to be rude, very few people who study on and off for 10years still stuck at N4. You have to seriously consider giving it up.
by owl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: would I be able to pass the JLP 2/ JLP1 ? 2013/8/26 01:34
I meant that friend passed N1 after 2years study in Japan.
by owl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: would I be able to pass the JLP 2/ JLP1 ? 2013/8/26 07:31
If you really do five hours of listening and active learning each day and three hours a week of classroom instruction, in 3 years N2 is definitely doable, and N1 is possible if you are a good student and really dedicated and follow through on your plan.
by A Guy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread