Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

English question 2013/9/3 10:59
Yesterday, I found some sentences which i couldn't understand on SAT.
1. Athletes and actors share much.
2.They share the need to make gesture as fluid and economical as possible, to make out of a welter of choices the single, precisely right one.
3. They share the need for thousands of hours of practice in order to train the body to become the perfect, instinctive instrument to express.
4. Both athlete and actor, out of that abundance of emotion, choice, strategy, knowledge of the terrain, mood of spectators, condition of others in the ensemble. secret awareness of injury or weakness, and as nearly an absolute concentration as self, must be able to change the self so successfully that it changes us.

Through 1 to 4 is the first paragraph of a passage, and I understand 1 and 2.
Could you tell me what 3 means?
And why isn't there any verb in 4, i wonder the verb in 4 is "share" which follows "Both athlete and actor" right?
by Kenichi6916  

Re: English question 2013/9/3 11:40
3. means that they both need to practice many hours so that their body becomes their tool to express themselves perfectly and instinctively.

4. The verb is "must be able to change."

I wonder if there is any other forum for asking English language related questions? :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: English question 2013/9/3 13:43
Thank you very much, AK.
Thanks to your English,i got it easily.

Yes,I found that this question shouldn't have been posted here after submitting.
Sorry for my imprudency.
by Kenichi6916 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread