Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mobile Data Plan 2013/9/5 14:40
Which is the common for the above?
Seem that there are many choices in Japan?

Btw, I am going Osaka.

Need mostly for Internet usage.
Seldom for voice.

Don't know which type to go for.

Pls advise
by new lotus  

Re: Mobile Data Plan 2013/9/5 15:16
Voice+Data on one card is expensive for travelers so most people just go with a mobile data plan (either a personal hotspot from companies like global advance or econnect, or a bmobile travel sim) and use skype for calling.

Expect to spend about 500-1000 yen per day for a wifi spot, or a 4000 thousand per 2 weeks for a data sim.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Mobile Data Plan 2013/9/5 15:18

Re: Mobile Data Plan 2013/9/6 09:19
Bmobile is like an disadvantage as service date starts from which ever date ONE has chosen when ordering it.

Need to order one week in advance whereas I be at Japan for more than 1 week.

The SIM will expire in 14 days (while data still available) when I am still in Japan.

Sad ...

by new lotus rate this post as useful

Re: Mobile Data Plan 2013/9/6 10:30
Bmobile is like an disadvantage as service date starts from which ever date ONE has chosen when ordering it.

Yes, bmobile's business caters more to residents than travellers, and their visitor cards have more restrictions than similar offerings from other companies. I'd suggest looking into the econnect cards as they are essentially the same deal except the validity period is 1 month (for the same price, so essentially 50% cheaper for longer stays) and you can activate new cards at your leisure. The downside is that they are a relatively new company and don't have much of an established reputation yet.

reply to this thread