Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/6 17:06
Hi, Japanese-friends! I'm Silvia from Italy.

I need a little help. On May 14th-15th, I've shipped a parcel from Kaminarimon post office, but after more than 3 months it hasn't arrived yet. The matter is that I've lost the tracking number and I need it to check the parcel on poste italiane website.

I tried to call in Japan, but I can't find someone that speak english and I can't speak japanese very well so.....

Could someone call/go to Kaminarimon post office (081338415246) and ask my parcel's tracking number, PLEASE?

The parcel was shipped by SURFACE, from KAMINARIMON post office, on March 14th-15th. 23 kilos weight. Destination: Italy.

thanx a lot for your cooperation.
by campanellyno87  

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/6 17:43
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but as far as I understand it, it is not possible to track surface mail packages. Only delivery confirmation is available, but must be purchased when sending. Either way, without some sort of receipt or tracking number there really isn't anything that can be done to inquire about your package.

And I'm not sure if its good news, but surface mail can easily take 3+ months to reach its destination so there's still hope that its still in transit. Did you get it insured?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/6 17:48
I sent other 2 parcels by surface, they arrived in 2 months and I could track them. No, it's not assured.

but, at least try to re-have back the tracking number.
by campanellyno87 rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/6 18:33
any post offices will not answer tracking number disclosure due to privacy policy.
if you have lost the invoice printed tracking number that is your responsibility to keep the record.
I believe the parcel should be arrived in Italy and stopped at the custom for any reason.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/6 18:36
yes, but if I don't give to dogana the tracking number, I can't ask about my parcel.

isn't there an email where I can ask about my parcel?

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/6 19:09
Unfortunately, the only way to look up a parcel is by its tracking number. There is no other way to look it up if you don't known that. This also introduces the additional problem toward making an insurance claim (assuming it was insured).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/6 19:47
No, I mean an email of Kaminarimon post office/japan post.

You're all right, I know, but in Italy, if you loose the tracking number you must just re-ask it in the post office where you shipped the parcel. And I'm trying to do the same thing, but the language is such a trouble.

So, I'm asking if SOMEONE can ask it in my place, I know that without tracking number I can check nothing!

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/7 00:13
I am sorry I can't help you but I am sure parcel was lost or stollen in Italy. I see many sellers on Ebay and many shops all over the world displaying this message:

We do not ship to Italy. Sorry.
or:
No parcel will be shipped to Italy. If you are in Italy do not make an order.

Reading all comments on internet it seems Italian Post is a nightmare for shop owners. All parcels in Italy are opened by customs. Some products are stollen. Many shops prefer to lose italian customers rather than losing money.
by MK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/7 02:48
I am pretty sure Japan Post Offices work pretty much the same as Italian ones or French ones or..

If you sent a package from an Italian P.O. in your town and lost the tracking number, YOU can get it in person from the P.O. you used. As long as they have a record of your name, day, time you sent the parcel. No problem. But do they actually record your name?

When I send a registered parcel or letter at the post office near my home they give me a receipt with a number, date and time but not my name! The package is traced by a number, not a name.

I am pretty sure that if you asked ANOTHER Italian person to ask that Italian P.O.to give them YOUR tracking number they would refuse.

You are asking someone on the internet that you don't even know to go to a post office in Japan--that may be far from their home or workplace-- and ask for the tracking number of a totally different person that is no longer in Japan?

Do you see how unrealistic this is???

by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/7 05:35
You shipped in May or March?
Did you ship others at the same time? If so, try the tracking no.'s before or after the ones you shipped & received.
Chances are that it may be held up or stolen in your end.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/7 19:23
Amazinga: unfortunately, I shipped the others 2 parcels from Kyoto, some weeks later.

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/7 19:31
Monkey see:

And what do you think I have to do? Sitting down and do nothing? Wait for a 23 kilos!! parcel that could not to arrive? Or come in Japan to re-ask the tracking number?

I asked an help, unconstructive disapprovals are not helping, at all.

Answering to your question:

I signed a double copy, so they have my name in the receipt.

Besides, I TRIED more times to call Kaminarimon post office, but no one spoke english, so I am forced to ask someone else.

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/7 20:50
Sorry about that but it is your responsibility to keep the invoice until the parcel arrives. If you don't have the invoice, nobody can help you. I understand Kaminarimon post office keeps the record, but they will not reissue or tell the tracking number for privacy reasons.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/7 22:04
MK: I'm SURE that it's stuck in dogana italiana, 'cause it's true, poste italiane sucks! but, without the tracking number, they can't looking for my parcel.

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/23 06:30
I received a mail from Japan post, shortly:

"the vessel carrying your postal item was flooded.... after this incident occured..... a fire broke out on board... and finally the vessel sank with all parcels."

O.O

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/23 07:52
to OP
I'm sorry to hear the news, and sorry to say that it is true. I'm working in the export field, and a container vessel on the way from Japan to Europe sank and a lot of cargo was lost, including ours.

http://gcaptain.com/comfort-images/
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: parcel from Japan lost 2013/9/23 07:55
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread