Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Culture Club 2013/9/7 11:17
I'm in the Japanese culture club for freshmen at my school and we need to design stuff for marketing, but since we just started the club this year, we don't know much Japanese.

Basically the question is: What is the best way/How would you write ''Japanese Culture Club'' in Japanese? I have seen many different ways online using both kanji and hiragana so how is the best way to do it? We need this finished quickly so please respond if you can!
by wjr (guest)  

Re: Japanese Culture Club 2013/9/7 18:50
Are you at college/ The standard way to write would be:

日本文化クラブ

日本 = Nihon = Japan/Japanese
文化 = bunka = culture
クラブ = "kurabu", in katakana, as it is an imported words. = club

Some people might use くらぶ (hiragana) or 倶楽部 (kanji) for the word "club" just for the looks, but that's just personal preference. 倶楽部 can look kinda pedantic, or artificially old-fashioned.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Culture Club 2013/9/8 14:40
we usually call school club activities "部bu (section)".
so it would be
日本文化部 Japanese Culture Club
日本文化研究部 Japanese Culture Research Club
i think the second one seems better.
by sd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Culture Club 2013/9/8 21:27
For example, a school club focusing on American culture (there's lots) is usually called アメリカ文化研究会

So in that sense, I think
日本文化研究会 (Nihon Bunka Kenkyu-kai)
would go down well.

Tricky to translate, since there aren't many Japanese Culture Clubs within Japan :)
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Culture Club 2013/9/8 21:54
Whoops, my bad. sd and Uco-san's suggestions are correct. I got hooked on the word "club" written in kana and kanji, and forgot about better translation...
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread