Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gift to Japanese family for looking after dog 2013/9/12 11:07
Hi everyone^^

I traveled 5 days with my boyfriend to kyoto and during this time his family looked after my dog in their house.
I brought back small omiyage for them already but when i see how nice they have been to my dog and all the things they bought for him, i feel like i should have bought something more. I thought about buying a cake to thank them but it isnt a special occasion to eat it...or should i just buy them some sweets from here, tokyo? I just want to show them how happy and thankful i am.

I didnt tell my boyfriend about it because he says its already enough and they dont need more. I actually wanted to buy some more in Kyoto but he was the one stoppping me.

Any advice would be welcomed. sorry if this question is a bit silly :/

Thank you for your help.
by pinkwig  

Re: Gift to Japanese family for looking after dog 2013/9/12 17:06
I think its already enough too.
Ask him the date of his parents birth day or marriage celebration. You can celebrate on those days instead of sending an extra omiyage.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Gift to Japanese family for looking after dog 2013/9/12 21:51
pinkwig,

If they were nice to your pet, you can just be as nice to them.

Offer help when they need it, like if they're going out of town you can watch out for their pets or plants or house security. You can also invite them for some casual home-cooking.

Boyfriend? He's practically family to you. Return his family's generosity by offering generosity rather than sweets. Wouldn't you do the same to your mom? :)
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift to Japanese family for looking after dog 2013/9/13 23:11
Thank you for your advices ! I will save it for another occasion ;)
by pinkwig rate this post as useful

reply to this thread