Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Meeting other students 2013/9/13 10:47
Hi,

I am a 20 year old exchange student from Belgium. Studying at SOPHIA university and trying to adjust to my new life in Tokyo I find it difficult to meet new people (even though I have been here for only 4 days).

Are there any ways to meet new people? Preferably of the same age and living as well in Tokyo. My english is fluent whereas my Japanese is far from. My interests include the Japanese culture, traveling, food, and many other things.

Please feel free to leave a comment!

by Demi Mengits (guest)  

Re: Meeting other students 2013/9/13 13:33
Do you live all by yourself?
Usually, exchange students make lots of friends in their student dorm or in activities at the uni. Talk to people between classes, join some club, take part in excursions organized for foreign students.
by APajo rate this post as useful

Re: Meeting other students 2013/9/13 13:59
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Meeting other students 2013/9/14 00:52
Go to the student union, or equivalent, and find a listing of the clubs and circles. I joined one at my uni, and it became a central part of my social life. Don't worry - you'll get there.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread