Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Offline maps with navigation 2013/9/20 05:04
Hi Guys, going Tokyo October 1st and wanted to know if there is a good offline maps app for android available that does navigation as well? I bought mapswithme pro with it doesn't have navigation :( and all the maps are in Japanese which unfortunately I cant read and hardly any road names, or would I be easier paying for a portable wifi ? obviously i'd rather save as much money as possible!

Thanks in advance everyone
by Rinupanu  

Re: Offline maps with navigation 2013/9/20 10:44
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Offline maps with navigation 2013/10/1 04:37
I use MapsWithMe, it's a great little app with fairly complete and up-to-date maps, but it doesn't do turn-by-turn navigation. Just maps.
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Offline maps with navigation 2013/10/1 04:38
Plus, I've heard from them that they are going to add "routes" soon. Still no turn-by-turn navigation, but getting there.
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Offline maps with navigation 2013/10/1 04:54
I already bought that dude, just decided to go with mobile wifi haha google maps :D
by Rinupanu rate this post as useful

Re: Offline maps with navigation 2013/10/1 14:42
If you load up google maps and look at the areas you're going to be whilst you have a wifi connection then they'll stay in your cache and you can navigate on them whilst offline.
by Fantastik rate this post as useful

Re: Offline maps with navigation 2013/10/14 01:29
Hi Guys,

I got the e-connect Japan pocket Wifi and it was absolutely amazing, it worked on the trains and the subway, there was only one place I couldn't get it to work and that was a little bar around the corner from my hotel, I don't know what I would have done without it!
by Rinupanu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread