Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

iPhone4, iOS7 and Simcards 2013/9/27 19:05
Hello~

After I did a lot of research I ordered a prepaid sim from econnect for my unlocked iPhone4.

The problem is:
I ordered it before the iOS7 update and now it seems that econnect doesn't work with iOS7 at the moment.

They offered me a full refund, but that still leaves me with no mobile internet.

I'm staying in Japan for one year and although I hear a lot of people reccommending b-mobile, their website states that even the 1GB packages can only be used for 14days.

Quote:
"This product includes 1GB (gigabyte) of data which can be used within 14 days. It will expire when you use up 1GB. 1GB is calculated as 1000MB (megabytes)."

I thought econnects deal for about 4200yen was alright and I wonder if there's a similar one out there? : )

by silvery_dark (guest)  

Re: iPhone4, iOS7 and Simcards 2013/10/1 04:47
You might want to downgrade to iOS 6 for the time being. Apple is whitelisting cell providers for iOS 7. This means that only (and only!) the providers Apple has "checked" will work. Others simply won't.

Perhaps Apple has this whitelist published somewhere...?
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: iPhone4, iOS7 and Simcards 2013/10/11 11:37
Downgrading was only possible a few days after the release :/
by silvery_dark (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: iPhone4, iOS7 and Simcards 2013/10/12 01:27
This thread shows a possible solution for BMobile that might work for eConnectJapan SIMs: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1639441
by RT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: iPhone4, iOS7 and Simcards 2013/10/12 07:03
what u saw is the Visitor version.
for residence there are many option available, 120days, 180days, voice with data plan etc.
you'll Japanese phkne no. to activate and some required credit card, prepaid type no credit card.

am using 180days prepaid type, bought from amazonjp for 13,4++yen. 1GB limit for 30 days.

check amazon.co.jp and search for b-mobile
you will see many option available.

check the Japanese site, English is only for visitor/tourist.
by b-mobile user (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: iPhone4, iOS7 and Simcards 2013/10/25 10:38
Still it won't work with iPhone4.

Anyone has experience with the iOS7.0.3 update?
by silvery_dark (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: iPhone4, iOS7 and Simcards 2013/11/12 22:07
Hi, I am also here for one year. I have the same problem, I have an iPhone 4 working on IOS7 and I monthly buy a b-mobile prepaid sim card, data only. It costs around 3000 yen per month.
So far, the only solution I found was to insert someone else's docomo sim card (b-mobile works on the same network), someone who has a contract with calls and internet. You just need to insert the sim card in your phone, wait a little bit (1 or 2 minutes) and put your b-mobile sim card back. Then, the internet will work.
But, if you ever run out of battery, the internet will stop working and you will need to find again a docomo sim card... which is kind of hard to find !

Good luck :)
by Marie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread