Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese anagram generators? 2013/10/3 12:26
This is pretty specific, so I'm not sure if anyone can help me but I thought I'd ask. I know essentially no Japanese, so trying to find an online Japanese anagram generator (by presumably arranging the katakana into different kanji that share those sounds)... well it's not going anywhere.

アナグラム is supposed to be the katakanization of anagram in Japanese but it gets me mostly english-japanese dictionary results and the unrelated company of the same name. I've tried pairing アナグラム with translations for maker, form, generator, etc with no luck.

I've tried making an anagram manually (just using every combination of katakana and spacing one by one) but haven't found anything suitable, and it's painfully work to check each possibility. I can imagine how difficult this would be to do in English so I'm not very hopeful of finding anything other than gibberish.

Just wondering if anyone can actually perform the search that I don't know how to phrase and throw me back a link. If there's any generators specifically for swapping names that'd be better, but I'll take anything at this point.

Thanks so much to anyone who helps me.
by VAXSGBSTPACHIBGDK III  

Re: Japanese anagram generators? 2013/10/3 19:58
I don't think there is an automaic generator for such... some people use anagram to create let's say pen names from their names or something like that, but this word play is not that popular... We would take the kana writing of whatever the name/phrase is, and move around the kana to do that (no kanji involved). Without knowledge of the language, you have no way to check if the result makes sense, right?

As word play, "kaibun" might be more popular (as something to play with) - which is a sentence/phrase that is the same read forwards or backwards.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese anagram generators? 2013/10/4 12:42
by masa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread