Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

does the google nexus 7 (2013) work in japan? 2013/10/13 02:40
Would I be able to access wifi or do I need a sim card? My tablet is the 16 gb version.
by owleyes (guest)  

Re: does the google nexus 7 (2013) work in japan? 2013/10/13 22:48
wifi is an international standard so will work anywhere, provided you have access to it. Free wifi is uncommon in japan and places that offer it usually need registration. You also have to option of getting a data only sim.
by pas7680 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: does the google nexus 7 (2013) work in japan? 2013/10/14 07:49
Thanks! I'm aware that free-wifi is uncommon in Japan, and that certain places require registration.

So just to clarify, I don't need a sim card then? The reason I ask is because my tablet does not have a slot for one.
by owleyes (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: does the google nexus 7 (2013) work in japan? 2013/10/14 08:07
Obviously you can't use a sim if your tablet doesn't have a slot for one. But if you would like to use your tablet anywhere, you might look into renting a mifi device.

by muji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: does the google nexus 7 (2013) work in japan? 2013/10/17 12:37
You can rent pocket wifi that works with any tablet or computer with wifi capabilities. I am using one from Japan Wireless with my Nexus 7 right now. I ordered it before leaving the states and had it delivered to my sister in laws house in Sasebo. It was waiting for me and includes a post paid return envelope.
by Kevinups (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread