Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryu ga Gotoku - Language 2013/10/20 03:10
I have just started playing the 5th instalment, and not long been learning Japanese, so while I dont really understand it i can identify and read most of the hiragana even if it make little sense to me at the moment.

However I noticed male characters using words like Iya as opposed to iie which I understand is another way of saying no, but I was of the impression it was mostly used by females.

Is this correct or am I misunderstanding, if it is correct is there a reason why male characters in the game use it? I forget what other words I have seen I thought followed similar pattern but sure I noticed others.

Can any body shed some light for me?
by Kazuma (guest)  

Re: Ryu ga Gotoku - Language 2013/10/20 16:58
- "Iya" or "iiya" instead of "iie" is guy's speech. It has a bit masculine tone compared to "iie" to answer "No."

- The word "iya(na)" is an adjective (na-adjective, if you happen to know the classification) meaning "awful, unpleasant, something I don't like." Guys speech would be "Iya da" (I don't like it), and female speech would be "iya" or "iya yo" to say "I don't like/want it" as a curt refusal.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thankyou 2013/10/20 18:45
Thank for your reply, helps clear that up a bit .
by Kazuma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread