Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

help with these sentences 2013/10/20 17:16
Hi, I would want to know what's the meaning of these sentences:
"嫁にもらった気分"
"まあ切れても"

Also, another thing, sometimes I read 'tte' in the beginning of a sentence, as a prefix of a sustantive or something like this, is that so? Or it's maybe an expression?
by Malala16  

Re: help with these sentences 2013/10/20 18:07
Could you write out the whole sentence(s) where these phrases appeared? Or possibly the whole conversation? Context is very important.

If it appears in a casual conversation particularly among young people, this "...tte" is like "by the way," or "you know," just introducing a new subject to the conversation. Doesn't really "mean" much. Again where did you see this?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: help with these sentences 2013/10/21 10:09
Yeah, sorry.

Ok, both are thoughts, but are not related. This one まあ切れても, this person just came back from the market and remembered that someone was going to visit him at that hour. So it's seems like an excuse, that he had to go out, so maybe I thought that it means that he ran out of food?

嫁にもらった気分, This person saw something that put her in a good mood, so she is eating and says she actually wants to cook sekihan (I know is for special occasions) so that's what she thought after saying that
by Malala16 rate this post as useful

Re: help with these sentences 2013/10/21 18:17
Still the first one does not make sense... it was not まあ来られても or まあ来れても ?? All I can "guess" (a wild guess) is that he is saying "oh well, even if he/she flipped (got upset) on me, (that cannot be helped." Here the verb 切れる is used to mean "to flip (on someone), in the sense of get very upset on someone.

The second one... still I am not sure because it's a woman who is saying it, right? Literally it sounds like "this feels like I just got wedded to a bride." But maybe she meant "this feels like I just got married (into a happy family).

Re: help with these sentences 2013/10/23 04:12
Well, even if it's a guess, it somehow make sense, because yes that's the text exactly.
After that he says he'll call her back later in any case(後でかけ直せば) or now it could be in case she gets mad?

Re: help with these sentences 2013/10/23 20:03
That second phrase makes a big difference!

If he said those two in a series, then:
まあ切れても even if he/she hangs up on me; even if the call gets disrupted; even if our communication gets disrupted
後でかけ直せば (It would be OK) if I call later.

Re: help with these sentences 2013/10/24 09:50
Ah! Sorry again then for not saying the whole thing since the beginning...
And thanks!

reply to this thread