Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/8 17:22
Hiii

how do you think about Japan Wireless company?
i saw the price list is cheaper than Global Advance Comm, because they provide emergency battery for free.

Thank you.
by xyz (guest)  

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/8 17:53
can you post a link?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/10 22:46
My brother and I each rented from the company and it worked great. The price, service and return of the wifi was flawless. I highly recommended them. We used them from Tokyo to Nagasaki and other than while passing through a tunnel we almost always had coverage.
by luck1223 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/11 11:07
luck1223,

Are you referring to Japan Wireless Company or Global Advance?

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/11 11:59
Sorry, I missed the second company. I was talking about Japan Wireless.
by luck1223 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/11 12:03
Hi all..

Global advance is more famous than japan wireless. But I think japan wireless is cheaper because they rent us emergency battery for free. If you rent emergency battery from global advance it costs 150 yen per day.

Check their website before deciding.

How do you think?

Thanks
by xyz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/11 12:26
Looking at their sites, they are essentially the same service. Same network (emobile), same device, same restrictions.

Japan-wireless is marginally cheaper by 150-500 yen (since JW charges 500 yen shipping, while GAC has free shipping). Yes they'll rent you a charger for free, but those cost only about 1500 yen to buy your own and many people already have one anyways so I wouldn't consider it a defining factor.

GAC has been around forever, and they generally have good reviews. I haven't heard of Japan Wireless before now, but they should have the save coverage considering they are on the same network.

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/12 13:06
Hi all

I found another option for the wifi rentalin Japan and the price is very reasonable.

Check it out and share your comments and recommendations

http://www.wifi-hire.com/first.html
by DesC rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/12 14:06
Hi..

It seems more complicated in the return process if rent from wifi hire.

Whereas rentafone is cheaper but its network is b-mobile, not e-mobile like global advance.

I think I will rent from Japan Wireless.

by xyz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/12 14:35
I found another option for the wifi rentalin Japan and the price is very reasonable.

Check it out and share your comments and recommendations

http://www.wifi-hire.com/first.html

I haven't used their service, but their prices are extremely cheap, about 30% less than the competition.

It seems more complicated in the return process if rent from wifi hire.

They all offer returns via mail. Wifi-hire doesn't prepay the return though and charges an airport drop off fee of 525 yen, but even so it will be cheaper overall to use them rather than their competitors.

Whereas rentafone is cheaper but its network is b-mobile, not e-mobile like global advance.

Rentafone's rental wifi run on docomo's network, which probably has the best overall coverage area, but is also relatively slow as some services are capped at 300 kbps and may block streaming services such as voip.

GAC and Japan wireless offer LTE on emobile.

Wifi-Hire offers LTE on emobile, Wimax via UQ Wimax, and 3g via Docomo.

I think I will rent from Japan Wireless.

If its purely based on cost then I would go with Wifi-hire since they look to be the cheapest by far. Otherwise, I think its a toss up between the other two. Global Advance has a lot of good recommendations on this forum and have kiosks at the airports. Japan Wireless offers a free mobile battery rental (valued at about 1500 yen).

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/12 19:11
Global Advanced Communications are absolutely excellent. We have just rented for the 2nd time: we had a 72 mbps router, no need for 2nd battery, and it was SO quick, and the battery lasted for EVER!
I cannot recommend them highly enough.
The collection at Narita Airport early in the morning was straightforward, well organised and excellent.
GAC email communication is also excellent. As previous, I cannot recommend them highly enough.
Good Luck.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/14 10:23
I have rent a wifi router from GAC too, and the service was excellent.
Regarding the extra battery, the Japan Wireless only provides the battery case, so you need to buy
a dry cell battery everyday . however GAC provides a rechargeable battery, so you do not need to buy any
dry cell battery.
by Andy80 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/14 23:05
Hi, i am intending to rent a pocket wifi from GAC after reading its review. I am torn between 2 very good deals.

First qns: Does the battery life stated for the 25Mbps for 4-5hours of continuous work accurate? (for the experienced users)

Also, pardon my qns, continuous meaning it is on for 4-5 hours (not standby mode) or i am connected and using wifi for 4-5 hours?

2nd qns: Do i need extra battery rental, if i am just going to use it for skype, whatsapp, instagram, email, random surfing for attractions(if nowhere to go) and maps?

I have calculated, the 75mbps (10-11hrs of continuous work) w/o extra battery is 8500Yen for 12 days. The 25mbps with extra battery for 12 days is 9000yen.

Which is more suitable for my case? Thanks
by japanlover (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/15 13:05
2nd qns: Do i need extra battery rental, if i am just going to use it for skype, whatsapp, instagram, email, random surfing for attractions(if nowhere to go) and maps?

I can't comment on the life of the devices' batteries, but as mentioned, just buy your own backup battery (often called usb power banks, or battery banks) and use that. They cost around 1500 yen at the convenience stores, but you can often find them even cheaper if you shop around.

I have calculated, the 75mbps (10-11hrs of continuous work) w/o extra battery is 8500Yen for 12 days. The 25mbps with extra battery for 12 days is 9000yen.

Personally I'd get the 75mbps, especially if you are considering using more than one device on it. If it really has 10hrs of battery life you could probably forego getting a backup battery.

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/20 20:51
For the Global Advance 21 mbps device, can I charge it with a normal USB charger, or must I replace the battery?
by Saus (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan wireless for renting wifi pocket? 2013/11/22 09:34
Global Advanced Communications wifi can charge from USB port.
by Japan55 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread