Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese themed party ideas? 2013/11/26 05:40
Hi! I am turning 12 and I am going to have a Japanese style party. I want traditional style so my friends can recognize it. my friends are a mature 10 to 13. I just need help with decorations, games, activities. I have the music down. But most of all I need is the food! Sushi is gross and I need something that my mom can make herself. It is also a sleepover so some night time ideas would be great. We are watching ponyo for a movie but we need other stuff too! And also, what are some good animes that are for 10-12 stuff like k-on, squidgirl, etc. stuff that there wont be any bad stuff? This is November and my party is in febuary. thanks!
by Howl (guest)  

Re: Japanese themed party ideas? 2013/11/26 15:01
That's a fun idea. Have a look at this link http://www.sweetestkitchen.com/2013/07/japanese-themed-birthday-party/

You could learn how to write your friends names in katakana and put them on invitations. You could also have a calligraphy exercise or something, using some easy kanji.

As for anime, there's lots to choose from. Have you seen other Ghibli ones such as My Neighbour Totoro, Pom Poko, Kiki's Delivery Service, etc...? If you're anything like I was at that age, watching coming-of-age dramas like Clannad, Fruits Basket, Usagi Drop and Summer Wars would be enjoyed. Wolf Children will be released by then too but I don't know the rating of it.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese themed party ideas? 2013/11/26 19:13
Have you already seen pictures of bento boxes? Just google "bento" and choose the pictures. That might give you some inspiration.

For a sleep over, you can build some futon style beddings on the floor.
by Bullet Train (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese themed party ideas? 2013/12/27 07:59
I am to having a Japanese birthday party. I am turning 16. I enjoy anime and Japanese culture. I am looking for ideas too, here are some I have thought up you might like.

*cake styled to look like sushi
*making Japanese fans
*writing different Japanese caracters and voting on whos is the best.
*lanterns are another thing easy to make
*you can even order some sakura flowers to put around for decoration!

hope this helped!
by Saki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese themed party ideas? 2013/12/28 01:40
Assuming you and your friends are not familiar with Japanese food, making suggestions is difficult. Do you live close to a Japanese supermarket? How about ramen (make everyone use chopsticks for fun)? If you live in the U.S., you could also order it online from Mitsuwa. And how about a little dried squid as an appetizer, just to see who is brave?
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread