Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving model trains to Japan 2013/11/29 02:19
Usually I don't want to write about my model trains,but today I had a 2-hour argument with my mum over my Marklin model trains,she basically told me if I do move to Japan,the model trains must follow me,the collection consists of the following

37538-Baureihe 120 Vorserie
37116-Wurttemberg C
42762-D119 Koln-Saarbruken train
42763-D119 extension set
37563-BR 56.2-5
37589-BR 58
37455-BR 45
42229-Hapag Lloyd

Can someone recommend me a good moving company that ships to Japan from New Zealand,I would prefer a reputable one
by Alex aka Alex  

Re: Moving model trains to Japan 2013/11/30 16:21
Marklin[メルクリン] models not mojor in Japan.
So shops a few than Japanese model trains shop.
Search by "メルクリン 鉄道模型 販売" at google(.jp).
鉄道模型:model train 販売:sales
Mostly in Tokyo or Osaka.

Japanese model train lovers Kato,Tomix and more of N mainly and HO gauge[scale] most
and not collcet foreign trains most.
by Redant (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving model trains to Japan 2013/11/30 22:13
@Redant
The original poster was asking how to ship his collection from New Zealand to Japan - not where to buy models in Japan.
by All your base are belong to us (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving model trains to Japan 2013/12/1 06:03
I don't see any reason why you would bring them with you, unless you plan to stay in Japan forever. (apt are small and expensive) so she's basically kicking you out of the house?
can't you just get a few boxes and stash them at friends place in the basement or attic?
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Moving model trains to Japan 2013/12/2 00:12
The reason I am deciding to move my model train collection to Japan is that my mum wants them out of the house and my dad has warned me if they do not leave the house,he will sell all of it off regardless,I saved up big time for those trains
by Alex aka Alex rate this post as useful

Re: Moving model trains to Japan 2013/12/2 02:26
I've never used them, but many people have recommended http://www.nipponexpress.com/. I would normally recommend Yamato Transport, but from checking their website, they don't seem to offer shipping from New Zealand.
by Umechan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving model trains to Japan 2013/12/2 07:46
I think you should be looking for a company in the New Zealand phone book and not on a Japan website. Not everyone here know much about posting from New Zealand.
by ramius (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread