Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Right address but wrong postcode 2013/12/11 14:03
Recently, I have sent a document using EMS service from Viet Nam to Yokohama National University, Japan.I wrote the right address but wrong post code(instead of 240-8501 I wrote 246-8501). I heard that most postal companies use the postal code as the first use of sending the item. So,what will happen with my document?Is it be lost or only took a little bit longer to go to the right address?
by Hoai (guest)  

Re: Right address but wrong postcode 2013/12/11 23:47
In most cases, mails are delivered to the right place if it has right address. It may need some extra days for delivering though.

Anyway, I recommend you to use EMS's" Confirmation of Outbound EMS Mail" service so that you can check the status of the mail you sent.
It only needs the 13 digits Item Number shown on EMS label.
(that service available on the EMS web page on the below.)
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/delivery/index_en.html

Or how about asking Yokohama National Univ. about your documents?

Hope this helps.
by moo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Right address but wrong postcode 2013/12/12 01:12
Don't worry about it. Making mistakes with postalcode is rather common. If the address is correct, your document will reach to the destination without any problems.
by y.g. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Right address but wrong postcode 2013/12/12 01:45
2xx-xxxx postal codes go to Kanagawa pref so it might take a half or day(max) longer to deliver if you added wrong code.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Right address but wrong postcode 2013/12/12 11:29
The postal code really just duplicates some of the info that is part of the address to help speed up delivery, and isn't necessarily vital as long as the rest of the address if correct. You letter should still be deliverable even when the postal code is different from the address, it just may be delayed a bit.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Right address but wrong postcode 2013/12/12 11:43
Thank you for all replies .The information is very helpful. I sent this document for MEXT scholarship application in Yokohama National University and the due date is December 26th. Hopefully it will be delivered on time. Again, Thanks a lot for helping me!
by Hoai (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread