Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

about no particle in this sentence 2013/12/13 01:11
hello guys!

my question is about "no" particle. you must be thinking that why am i not getting such an easy thing but you don't know how to difficult is it to identify the use of "no" particle here--
1 sentence)saigo no ichi byou made tamesu yo...
2 sentence)konan(name) kara no rikuesuto(noun--request). translation 1 sentence) try until the last 1 second..2 sentence) a request from conan. now please explain the usage of "no" here. please tell me, it is very imp. as i am learning japanese from home. :)
by anjani (guest)  

Re: about no particle in this sentence 2013/12/13 09:14
1 sentence) saigo no ichi byou made tamesu yo...

In Japanese, "saigo" is a noun meaning "the last, the end." So to make that word describe another word to say "the last (something)," you need to add a "no" to make it an adjective, just like "watashi" is "I," and "watashi no" is "my (something)."

2 sentence) konan (name) kara no rikuesuto (noun--request).

You could say:
- Konan kara rikuesuto ga kimashita. (A request came from Konan.)
- Konan kara no rikuesuto ga arimashita. (There was a request (that was from) Konan.)

Again here "konan kara" simply means "from Konan." To make that phrase describe a noun, you need to add "no" to make that word like an adjective phrase.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: about no particle in this sentence 2013/12/13 12:20
1.konan kara rikuesto ga kimashita.
2.konan kara no rekuesto ga kimashita.

sentence 1: "konan kara" explains more about "kimashita"
sentence 2: "konan kara" explains more about "rekuesto".

sentence 1 can be "rikuesto ga konan kara kimashita".
in sentence 2, you can't change the word arrangement.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: about no particle in this sentence 2013/12/13 23:23
hello AK,

it was written in an anime like this-- "request from conan:-" and after that there was some educational talk about-- sitting away from the t.v screen and to brighten the room when watching the t.v..so there shouldn't be a "kimashita" used here..isn't it?
by anjani (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: about no particle in this sentence 2013/12/14 10:36
1 saigo no ichi byou made tamesu yo...
=until one second of the ending

2 Konan(name) kara no rikuesuto
=The request coming from Konan
=The request of Konan
kara is emphasizing who instead of what.
by ay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: about no particle in this sentence 2013/12/15 11:07
I was trying to make a comparison where you would use "konan kara no...(followed by a noun it describes)" and "konan kara...(verb) " so if it confuses you, forget about the two sentences I used for comparison.

To say " a request from Konan" (a noun phrase), you need to have the "no" to make the "Konan kara" into an adjective. to describe the "request."
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread