Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Softbank prepaid - how to spend money 2013/12/17 13:41
Hey everybody.

Im have a Prepaid Softbank phone number. So far I've managed to find out that Text messages (SMS) do not work internationally (can not send or receive) and that they use emails.

I've topped up my account with 3000 JPY (minmum), Im using S-mail to communicate with people sometimes. I have to topup my account every 2 months with 3000JPY in order for the number to still work.

My problem is: I AM NOT spending 3000JPY, but much much less. So every 2-3 months I have 2000JPY more on my account. Money which I am throwing away.

Is there any way to get this money back or can I use my phone to pay for something? Any way to spend this extra prepaid ballance funds?
by abeceda  

Re: Softbank prepaid - how to spend money 2013/12/17 15:15
unfortunately no.

I have the same phone plan, and Ive already tried.

Softbank and many other companies live by the mantra of "use it or lose it".
by HiratsukaKuma rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank prepaid - how to spend money 2013/12/17 15:16
Oh, and you can text/sms, but only other softbank users.

if you talk to the staff next time you go to the store, ask them. Its a 300 yen fee for texting, so at least that will use up some of that lost money.
by HiratsukaKuma rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank prepaid - how to spend money 2013/12/17 15:28
Did you tray to TopUp with a credit card?

Is it possible to topup only 1000JPY, and still get an extension?

Or..is there any service of internet on the prepaid Softbank simcard (as in - pay 2000JPY and get 1000MB of cellular internet).
by abeceda rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank prepaid - how to spend money 2013/12/18 10:54
Topping up by credit card only allows you pay either 3000 or 5000 Yen. There is no option for any other amount.
by daai maou rate this post as useful

reply to this thread