Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/22 14:25
Hi there, my GF will be going to Japan, specifically Tokyo, Kyoto, and Hiroshima. I want to get a sort of gift for Christmas that will allow her to use it for her travel.

I'm thinking something along the lines of like a gift card to a specific nice store, ticket to a shrine, or something. Anyone know of a must-see location?

Thanks.
by Maiku (guest)  

Re: Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/22 18:34
How about a Japan Rail Pass?
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/24 15:06
Sounds like a decent idea, any other thoughts?
Thanks! : )
by Maiku (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/24 16:42
If you know what skincare products she uses, a travel kit of that brand?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/24 18:52
A JR Pass would be an EXCELLENT present. Very generous.

A guide book? A night's stay in a special ryokan or hotel (somewhere she might not treat herself to)? An envelope with x amount of yen in, and instructions that she must spend it on a treat/souvenir for herself while she's in Japan (I always find great handicrafts for sale, but often shy away from spending the money on myself)?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/26 02:18
All right, I guess I could go for that.
Where would I go about to purchase that Rail Pass?
I'm assuming she would have to pick it up over there. The same would go for any store?
I'm just worried about the language barrier in obtaining these items. I have till tomorrow afternoon!
Thanks everyone.

Re: Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/26 07:19
There is the link on the right hand side of this page on the bottom to purchase a Japan Rail Pass. Or if there is a Japanese travel agency in your area, you should be able to purchase it from them. But I think they will ask for her passport. Not sure if it's needed on the website though.
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/26 08:58
I believe you need to have the name exactly as it appears on the passport, and you need to receive the voucher BEFORE you leave for Japan. You exchange the voucher for the actual pass once you arrive in Japan. So in terms of time, you might not be able to get it in time for her travel. In addition, she might have one already, if she has planned well.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for her Japan Travel 2013/12/26 14:16
Yeah I think it may be unfortunately too late for the rail pass, though a good idea. I'm still in the middle of trying to figure if she has it or not.
She mentioned she'll be staying for a bit near Akihabara, a popular.
Any e-gift cards for decent stores in that area perhaps?
Thanks again.

reply to this thread