Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

re-enter japan who has been convicted 2013/12/27 00:11
Hello, I am a foreigner who had been convicted of violation of the narcotic law and I have severed prison terms for five years, returning back it's almost 9 years now and I don't have any criminal records, I want to go to japan to visit a friend, what are the possibilities or process I should go through to go to japan? Please help me
by Hazel (guest)  

Re: re-enter japan who has been convicted 2013/12/28 03:18
At this point, all you can do is show up at the immigration counter at your Japanese point of entry and hope you get through, but be ready to be denied landing permission.

There's no one at any embassy/consulate that you can talk to that will assure you you can go without any problems. There is a good chance they(immigration) won't know of your "history" but it's not a certainty.

I wouldn't lie in any form you fill out just in case because, if caught, there's a chance you may never be granted access to Japan again or perhaps worse....

That's just my opinion based on what I've read here on multiple threads like yours....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: re-enter japan who has been convicted 2013/12/28 03:21
When did you serve prison time? At what age? What do you mean you don't have a criminal record? Has it been expunged, or do you mean you haven't had anything else in the 9 years since? If you served jail time, and 5 years is jail time, then you do have a criminal record. The only doubt is, who and what institutions know about it.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread