Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

want to carry few food items to japan 2013/12/31 14:51
I will travelling to Japan next month . I am planning to carry few food items in flight like few kg rice,wheat floor, pickle,Jam ..etc /All items will be branded only. Will there will be any problem in Haneda airport during my arrival??
by shaikmohammedghouse  

Re: want to carry few food items to japan 2014/1/1 08:18
You need to declare at the custom.
They can be brought into Japan if you declare and show in front of the officer for your personal use purpose(=not for commercial sales). If you want to bring a huge quantity it will be in trouble.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: want to carry few food items to japan 2014/1/2 05:43
Why would you ever want to bring those things in Japan? Better quality items are available in Japan. Better think about getting charged for over-weight luggage too.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: want to carry few food items to japan 2014/1/6 17:53
Hi,
I come here in previous September with a luggage full of food (e.g. instance noodles, soybean sauce, and fish sauce).
However, two weeks ago, my friend had to left some tomato, noodles, spices at the Narita custom.
So I think that they are having a little strict prohibition now.
However, if your food is very cheap in your country, I think it worth to try.
by nhkhai rate this post as useful

Re: want to carry few food items to japan 2014/1/14 16:37
Even if you are interested in Indian food, there are plenty of shops that sell everything. Also its not that expensive so you dont need to risk carrying everything in luggage.
by KB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: want to carry few food items to japan 2014/1/20 17:12
Why would you ever want to bring those things in Japan?

Its not uncommon for people with very specific dietary restrictions to travel with known food that they trust. Though that has its own drawbacks, it is also more convenient than sourcing local brands once you land.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem to bring in the items the OP mentioned as long as its in small quantities and doesn't include meat.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread