Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/2 09:11
Good day,
I have gotten very interested in nature documentaries so I would try to get some of Japan too. Could be anything about nature,wildlife, forests, mountains, etc. As long as it is a documentary.

I saw there is the Wild Japan documentary, and one called Satoyama. Do you know any recommended must sees? Japanese language documentaries are fine too.

Appreciate it!
by Jojo (guest)  

Re: Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/2 23:24
Depending on what country you're in, do you have the TV station NHK World? they have documentaries every day.
by J (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/3 01:58
If no NHK TV availability where you live there is always the NHK website. Click on documentaries:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/genre/index.html
by sjvacc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/3 09:21
We actually did have NHK world but unfortunatly they switched our cableprovider to the worse and gone it was... I so miss their japanese language lessons...

The link you privided seems to be a real treasure though, I will look into it at once. Thank you :)
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/3 20:41
(Don't know if the same thing might have happened to you, but) in the UK we used to have NHK World (non-HD) on our cable package, and then it dissappeared.

After a little looking, I realised that what had happened was that the non-HD channel was no longer available, but there was an NHK HD channel (showing the same things, but in High Definition), available on a different channel number.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/4 00:46
Dont think that's the issue but knowing it turned HD is good to know. I dont know what became of the other cable provider but now we have a national widespread one, the other was locally placed in the city. I suggested them to get the NHK World channel though since they have loads of other international channels, mostly from Europe though, but saying there are several Japanese emmigrants living here maybe might help.

Re: Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/4 13:48
It is a pain to find the broadcasting schedule of interesting Japanese Nature Documentaries on NHK World.
Why not just type in japanese nature documentary on YouTube so you can watch what you want at your convenience.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/8 21:06
Because not everything is on youtube. Please. I asked for suggestions about documentaries, not where to find them. There are dozens of documentaries, I dont know if they are worth watching though.

Re: Nature documentaries of Japan 2014/1/9 00:17
"NHK on demand" has a lot of nature documentaries about Japan. they refuse a connenction from out side of Japan. NHK sells DVDs and Blu-Rays. you can buy some of them at Amazon in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread