Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ANA Free Cell Phone rental 2014/1/3 04:09
I see from other sites that people arriving into Japan on ANA, with a round-trip ticket, can get free mobile phone rental, with charges only for use.. They seem to have two kinds - one has pretty affordable domestic calls (within Japan) - though the calls to foreign numbers is quite high. As usual, all incoming calls are free. Has anyone used this service? Did it work out well for you?
by rootles  

Re: ANA Free Cell Phone rental 2014/1/4 08:06
One question I have - if two of us have the rental phones, are calls to each other considered domestic?
by rootles rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Free Cell Phone rental 2014/1/28 21:32
In case someone searches this information, here is our experience.

We went ahead and did the free rental. It was, indeed, free of daily rental charges; they only charge for actual calls you make. They actually charge calls by the second - not minute - so short calls are very cheap . It was very easy to pick up the phones at the airport and return them. With two phones, we called each other just a couple of times to check about meeting, and once when I got very lost in Tokyo on my way to meet a group (that alone was worth it!). We had the two phones for a little over two weeks and racked up a combined total of less than 1000 yen! The calls to each other were domestic calls (that is all we used the phones for). So if you are flying ANA, and want a simple phone for emergencies, I suggest that you check it out.

Re: ANA Free Cell Phone rental 2014/1/29 23:57
Great tip! Really useful info. Do you know if this applies to economy as well as business class, please?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Free Cell Phone rental 2014/3/1 18:15
Yes, it applies to economy . That is what I flew.

reply to this thread