Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 year old in Nagaragawa onsen 2014/1/3 07:36
Hi, does anyone know if I can take a 2 year old boy into onsen this January? I was thinking of doing a day trip from Tokyo.

He is still in nappies, and I could bring swimming nappies with me...

Does anyone know if there are age restrictions?

Thanks!
by PlanJapan  

Re: 2 year old in Nagaragawa onsen 2014/1/3 10:11
Nappy boys/girls are not allow to be in Onsen.
You need to reserve a private Onsen spa if your boy or girl is still nappy.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: 2 year old in Nagaragawa onsen 2014/1/3 10:16
I don't think that there is any age limit.

But bath is a bath, it is not a swimming pool - I don't know what those swimming diapers look like, but probably (at least to me) it would look like diapers, and I might find it a bit worrisome...

In some resort spa & swimming pools where people wear swimming wear, some seem to have a separate pool for toddlers in swimming diapers, but they are not allowed to go into other pools. I have looked up here and there, but there is no "bath" or onsen (where people go in naked, of course) that allows diapers or any sort.

You might consider going to a place with "family bath" or "rent-to-yourself bath" facility.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 year old in Nagaragawa onsen 2014/1/3 10:27
Thanks, that settles it then. Will take a quick trip to Kamakura then. I liked that this was a mixed onsen, but taking turns would defeat the purpose of going there.
by PlanJapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread