Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any active nuclear reactors in JP right now? 2014/1/9 06:20
I need to know this information for my geography presentation and there are only reports from September 2013. If you know something about a prognosis for the future economy you can tell me as well :) Thanks for your answers.
by Rhosmari  

Re: Any active nuclear reactors in JP right now? 2014/1/9 10:11
All the reactors are currently switched off, including the Oi #3 and #4 which are down for maintenance. I am not sure how long the maintenance lasts, but I think the Oi reactors should be back online within the year. Hopefully, additional reactors will be judged safe and switched on within the next few years for the sake of the Japanese economy, the global climate and the health of the people living around the old fossil fuel power plants which have been brought back online.
by Uji rate this post as useful

prognosis for the future economy 2014/1/9 17:42
Rhosmari,

Your question about the reactors have been properly answered, so I'd like to just add something to the "prognosis for the future economy" part. There is a great debate on that. You might find some useful information for your school presentation by Googling keywords like "koizumi nuclear power." Hope it helps.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any active nuclear reactors in JP right now? 2014/1/10 12:20
Follow the Nuclear Watch in NHK World site.
It gives the updates on all Fukushima and other reactor operation issues.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread