Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Check for Technical Conformity Certificate? 2014/1/17 03:55
Hello,

I have a Sony Xperia ZR smartphone but the US version does not have the Japanese Technical Conformity Certificate. Looking at various websites (for example, Softbank, B-mobile) to rent a SIM (prefer voice+data but maybe voice only) I see the fine details say the phone must have the certificate to be used. I'm trying to decide whether I can get away with renting a SIM or whether I have to rent a phone.

What experience do you have with renting a SIM? Do the sales people check your phone for the conformity certificate or not?

Thank you for any feedback, Clint
by Clint Kaul (guest)  

Re: Check for Technical Conformity Certificate? 2014/1/19 15:06
Check this site.
http://www.econnectjapan.com/products/sim

I used disposable rechargeable micro SIM for my Nexus. Send it to a hotel I stayed 1st night.
You might want to inquire about compatibility with your particular device though.
by SB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Check for Technical Conformity Certificate? 2014/1/20 11:45
I see the fine details say the phone must
have the certificate to be used.

That's basically how they say that non-Japanese phones may not be fully supported. Generally speaking, if the phone is available in Japan, its non-Japanese counterpart should also work.

I'm trying to decide whether I can get away with renting a SIM or whether I have to rent a phone.

You should probably be ok just renting a sim, but you may want to contact the provider to be sure.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread